Monday 28 February 2011

Deep blue interior inspiration

You join me up to my elbows in paint samples, deciding on the most suitable shades for the latest design from Dreams and Wishes, children's interiors...
I'm looking to paint both the ceiling and walls in a deep shade of blue...a bit like the image below.
In some ways that's the beauty of a tin of paint...you can let your imagination run riot trying something risky in you home...and if you don't like it...well, just paint it out again.


I love the dramatic effect created in what is quite a basic interior...
The colours and effects in this Avatar poster give me goosebumps too...I love the idea of using the blues for a night sky effect across a feature wall, with a scattering of stars in a fluorescent paint to complete the effect

Like this say....


Here's a few favourite interior styles with a more traditional feel...using a deep blue for dramatic effect...



No comments:

Post a Comment